Our Secure Logistics division at First Responder Protective Services is ran by corporate and law enforcement executives. We can provide armed and unarmed Secure Logistics high-value cargo escorts around the continental US and beyond. Our Secure Logistics division offers experienced supply chain security consulting, pre-trip planning and threat assessment research, and travel escort services, including armed cargo escorts utilizing active, full-time police officers and specially trained retired peace officers. We have over 60 years of experience in protecting critical infrastructures, secure logistics, supply chain cargo management, combatting transnational criminal organizations, mitigating risks, and providing the highest level of safety and security to corporations and communities.
First Responder Protective Services has experience in providing secure logistics operations and escorts to both short and long-haul cargo for many companies, including fortune 500 companies.
Our Law Enforcement professionals and Specialized Logistics Escort personnel can monitor your freight through customs and hand deliver high-value items to their destination in a safe and effective manner. We can also shadow your cargo when your fleet transports the cargo from the point of departure to its final destination. When utilizing our services, you can rest easy knowing your load is safe and secure. All of our Secure Logistics operations are tailored to our client’s needs.
Benefits and options when using First Responder Protective Services for your Secure Logistics Escorts:
- Specially trained law enforcement officers will deliver or follow your load from the point of departure to the point of destination
- Pre-trip meetings and threat assessment research
- High-tech video surveillance
- GPS tracking
- Live updates
- Ability to use encrypted communication during escort
- Post-trip report
- Specialized equipment to make sure your load makes it safely to the destination
All of our secure logistics escorts/supply chain security is provided by active law enforcement officers or specially trained prior law enforcement officers who have special training and skills related to cargo security.
To discuss your supply chain security needs, contact us today.
Why would a logistics company hire off-duty police offices?
A logistic company might require armed off-duty police security to escort shipments for several reasons:
- High-Value Goods: The company could deal with high-value goods, such as gold, diamonds, luxury items, high-end technology, cash, or other valuable assets. These goods are attractive targets for thieves and criminals.
- Sensitive Information: If the shipment contains sensitive information that could be valuable to other companies, criminals, or foreign entities, an armed escort can help ensure it arrives safely.
- High-Risk Locations: The shipping route might pass through high-risk areas where crime, civil unrest, or war is prevalent. In such locations, the risk of hijacking or theft is significantly higher.
- Regulatory Requirements: Certain regulations or laws might require armed security for specific types of shipments. This is particularly common with certain types of dangerous goods or hazardous materials.
- Demonstrating Security: Having armed security can also serve as a deterrent to potential criminals. By visibly demonstrating that they take security seriously, a company can discourage attacks or attempts at theft.
- Protecting Employees: If a company’s employees are delivering the shipments, armed security can help protect them from potential harm.
- Insurance Requirements: Some insurance policies may require armed security for certain types of goods or under specific circumstances. This can lower the premiums or be a condition of coverage.
While it might increase the costs, having armed security can be a worthwhile investment if it significantly reduces the risk of loss or damage to valuable goods or prevents harm to employees.
What areas do you serve?
First Responders Protective Services currently serves all of Texas with a major operating presence in Dallas, Fort Worth, Plano, Frisco, Greater Houston, Wichita Falls, San Antonio, Waco & Temple. We have armed off-duty offices in most every city in The Great State of Texas that ready to help you secure your cargo, big or small.